BRITCHES AND LACE WILL NOT HOST A FALL 2017 SALE.
PLEASE CHECK BACK FOR SPRING 2018 SALE UPDATES.
Sign up for bartering starts Monday, February 20, 2017
at 9 a.m.
Want to shop early for the best bargains? For those of you who consign but are not able to volunteer during the sale, or you can work a certain number of hours but want to barter for more, there is another option. If you can help out in other ways, “bartering” is for you! As we continue to grow, so does our workload and that’s where you come in. If you are willing to share your time, talent, and skills, we will give you a volunteer pass to come shop early at the pre-sale before the doors open to the rest of the consignors, guests, or to the public.
HERE ARE A FEW IDEAS…and remember…signing up for bartering is on a first come – first serve basis and will begin on Monday, February 20, 2017 at 9 a.m.
1. Flyer/Postcard Distribution: We now have large postcards specially designed for flyer distribution. We want postcards distributed to schools, day cares, churches, doctor’s offices, dance/gymnastic studios, etc. You will need to distribute postcards to a minimum of ten locations. Our goal is to have postcards distributed as soon as possible so people can have time to decide if they want to join us as a consignor – or if they are just shopping they can put it on their calendars! Please contact us to make arrangements to meet so we can get the postcards to you as soon as possible.
You will need to contact us to determine the locations and we will decide which locations you need to distribute postcards so that we do not duplicate our efforts. We will provide you with our new postcards. You will be responsible for contacting the location for approval to distribute postcards, get a number count of postcards needed and distribute them to the appropriate locations. Sign up to help us reach more and more potential consignors and shoppers and help us grow! Contact us on Monday, February 20, 2017 at 9:00 a.m.
We will have a list of daycare centers and preschools as well as ob/gyn offices that we have compiled. We will be asking volunteers to deliver postcards to these locations.
If you have any suggestions about other places to distribute postcards please let us know.
2. Bartering your Husband: What we mean here is that you can volunteer your husband to help us out on Monday and Saturday evenings during the heavy labor times and then you get the credit for their time. We can also use a few husbands to help us out on Pre-Sale night to help move large items, security, and also to help shoppers out to their cars with their purchases. Let us know if your husband can do anything to help us out.
3. Meals/Gift Certificates: We spend many hours at the sale and sometimes it is hard to get away for meals. If you are willing to provide gift certificates to nearby eating establishments or pay $10 cash – this will earn you a Volunteer Pre-Sale Pass. Contact us to let us know if you would like to sign up for this bartering opportunity. Signing up for one meal will earn you a 2 hour Pre-Sale pass.
4. Advertising Signs: We have signs that can be distributed throughout the city and surrounding communities to advertise the sale. You will be responsible for picking up the signs at our sale location, distributing them to assigned locations and returning them to us at check-out. In order to qualify for a shop early pass you will need to distribute a minimum of 10 signs. Contact us about specific locations. (Remember to pick up those signs at the end of the sale – shoppers might get confused and we want them happy!) Please check with your city offices to make sure yard signs are allowed.
City of Wichita residents: Due to the City of Wichita increasing their enforcement of an ordinance that makes it next to impossible to legally put out our yard signs without getting a hefty fine we can no longer allow yard signs to be placed in the City of Wichita.
5. Media Publicity: If you or someone you know has contacts to provide Britches and Lace Consignment Sale publicity during the sale (TV, radio, newspaper, or magazine) this will earn you a pre-sale pass.
These are just a few ideas. If you have any other suggestions or a service that you can offer, just contact us. Thanks for your help!